“Free” is everyone’s favourite price, and it’s one that we’re seeing a lot of in the online bingo industry lately. It is a highly competitive market, and to keep themselves ahead of their competitors, there a number of new bingo sites offering free bingo with no deposit required.
In this article, we’ll provide you with all of the information you need to claim these bonuses and understand the terms that go along with them.
Here’s our list of top free no deposit bingo destinations:
This top site awards you with up to £10 free no deposit!
Lucky Cow Bingo
Get 20 free spins no deposit needed!
No deposit offer up to £20 free + up to 20 free spins!
Big Tease Bingo
Brand new Big Tease Bingo offers huge welcome bonuses! Deposit as little as £5 to play with £30 up to £200!
Newbies Get up to £10 FREE on BINGO!
Start spinning as soon as you join! Grab up to50 free spins - no deposit needed right away!
Just remember to take a look into those terms and conditions before you get started!
What Is A No Deposit Bonus?
Here’s what you need to know about no deposit bonuses:
- They’re fun
- They’re free!
- Sign up and authenticate your account to collect your bonus
- The bonus is credited instantly
- You don’t need to deposit any funds and can use these bonuses to trial the site and its games. There are a few different ramifications here, and we’ll address them later in this guide.
- You may not be eligible to claim a no deposit bonus if you’re not a new player or if you’ve claimed one previously on a sister site. This can qualify as bonus abuse and may lead to an account suspension.
- Even if you have wagered using your bonus, you might not get the chance to withdraw your cash until you’ve made a cash deposit.
Do I Need to Give Out My Bank or Credit Card Info?
On some no deposit bingo sites, you’ll be required to add a payment method to your account before completing the registration. However, this is simply to prevent people from registering for the bonus more than once.
This may prove problematic if you favour using an alternate payment method like Paysafecard. Some bingo sites in the UK players (like Cozy Games) will give you an additional no deposit bonus along with your welcome promotion.
This kind of defeats the purpose of a no deposit bonus but it’s understandable why this stipulation is in place. This isn’t guaranteed to be in place on every site, though, as some stipulate that you forfeit the no deposit bonus if you use an alternative payment method.
Other sites may ask you to provide an additional method of identification, just so they can double check that you are indeed who you say they are. This is really important, as sites are legally bound to make sure that you are a new gambler and to prevent money laundering, fraud, and underage gambling.
Can You Win Real Money?
Here’s what you need to remember when it comes to these bonuses:
- As with all bingo games, the lure of a free bingo no deposit bonus is to win cash
- It is possible to win cash but the terms of a no deposit bonus are often very strict
- You’re only trialling the site and its games
- In some cases, playing with bonus funds means you can only win bonus funds
- Your jackpot may not be winnable or withdrawable
If you’re not sure if these apply to the site that you’re playing on, check the bonus policy. This is like a guidebook that tells you all about what the site expects from you and what you can expect from them. Some of these might seem filled with jargon but taking the time to understand them can make a huge difference.
Top Tip –There might be an overall bonus policy that is different from the specific rules for no deposit bonuses. For example, players may be free to withdraw once they have deposited but not before!
Different Kinds of No Deposit Bonuses
No deposit bonuses can come in several different shapes and sizes, with sites diversifying what they’re offering their players. The no deposit bonus on a site could include:
- Funds– This is the simplest kind of no deposit bonus, as it just gives you a set amount of funds to play with. We’ve seen everything from £1 to £20 being offered over the years.
- Free Spins– These are becoming more common as a no deposit bonus for bingo players, as most players want to spin slots these days. These bonus perks can have you spinning away on selected slots without paying – though the T&Cs can be stricter.
- Free Bingo– Free bingo tickets or access to free rooms are also common. These rooms will usually have smaller prizes, and you’ll either have a set amount of time or tickets to play with. The jackpots that you get may be credited as bonus funds and you will need to wager them before they turn into withdrawable funds.
No matter what kind of deal you’re claiming, make sure it’s the right one for you. For example, if you want to play slots then look for a site that gives you free spins.
Are There Wagering Requirements?
Wagering requirements are part and parcel of a bingo bonus and they might be even higher than a typical no deposit bonus. No deposit bingo sites are everywhere but the difference in the wagering requirements means that some are better than others.
- No deposit bonus means you’re not a fully-funded player
- You’re playing with free funds
- If you fund your account, you could lose your no deposit bonus
- If you make a withdrawal, you could forfeit your bonus
Top tip: Read all the Terms and Conditions so you know how a particular site uses no deposit bingo bonuses.
T&Cs are also important. They are unlikely to be identical between sites. The T&Cs contain the small print you need to read before you claim your bonus, which could be one of two types:
- No wagering requirements– you keep whatever you win (within the confines of the defined terms)
- Wagering requirements– there are limits on how you can withdraw your bonus. You may have to play through several times before making a withdrawal. If not, you risk losing the bonus.
If you want to play with a no deposit and keep the winnings, look for sites with low wagering requirements and relaxed terms. There are even sites out there with no wagering requirements at all that will make it easier for you to keep your winnings.
Terms and Conditions are also changing as the industry clamps down. Sites that don’t give players the full story upfront can be subject to fines and even have their licence taken away. This is why so many sites these days have larger T&Cs plastered on their promotional banners and websites.
This is actually a good thing for players, as it means you’re able to compare offers quickly and accurately. Prior to this, you’d need to dig around to find the information.
But What’s the Catch?
Savvy players will probably realise that there’s no such thing as a no-strings-attached bonus. After all, the sites have to protect their own interests. On no wagering sites, you may come up against different terms that are designed to help protect the site.
This could mean that you can’t withdraw until you’ve deposited a set amount or you’re only allowed to win a fixed sum. Of course, these can exist on all sites, not just wager-free ones. Read the T&Cs in full want to know exactly what to expect and to avoid nasty surprises.
So How Much Can I Actually Win?
It depends on the site you join:
- Snappy Bingo– get £15 free with no deposit. Wager 8x on bingo or 20x on slots. A free signup bonus is available as ‘play money’, i.e. you have to make a real-money deposit to win.
- Booty Bingo– get £15 free with a no deposit bonus. The same rules apply as above.
There’s a chance to keep what you win from these sites, but you’ll need to follow their rules to do so.
There are also caps set by many operators, such as 888, and these stipulate that you can never win more than £500 from their bonus funds. They’re not doing it to restrict their players per se, they just want everyone to be able to have fun without threatening their bottom line.
What Are Some Other Ways To Play Bingo For Free?
Can’t get enough of free no deposit bingo bonuses? We can’t blame you, but to make sure you get the most out of these bonuses, you’ll need to know exactly what’s on offer:
- Welcome Bonus– If you’ve managed to get your hands on a no deposit bonus then the welcome bonus will be your next stop. Though you’ll be making a deposit when you claim this, you’ll still get an extra bonus on your cash.
- Refer a Friend– When you ask a friend to join a site and they make a deposit, you can get a bonus as well. Make sure they add alias into the registration form to give you credit.
- Loyalty Points– On a lot of sites, you’ll automatically be entered into a loyalty scheme. This means that every £1 you spend will go towards claiming some bonuses when you’ve racked up enough points. This can be better than other promotional offers, as you’re always working towards a bonus and there’s no set time to complete it.
- Competitions– Keep an eye on your phone and email inbox if you registered using those details, as you may be able to win bonuses in competitions. If you take part in social media competitions, you can also find yourself with some extra funds in your account.
- Free Games–Yes, some sites do offer free games. There are usually limits on them but it’s worth taking part. Prizes are smaller but you don’t have to pay to play!
To help you compare some different ways to play for free, check out our handy table below for all the pros and cons:
[table id=14 /]
With so many ways to play for free, there’s a lot more to look out for after a no deposit bonus. Just find a site that offers you all the bonuses that you could need to have a great time.
Perks of Depositing
With so many no deposit offers available, you could be forgiven for wondering why you should ever bother with deposit bonuses. There are actually some perks to becoming a fully-funded player, including:
- Easier Withdrawals– You’ll find it much easier to withdraw once you’ve spent some money with a site. Some even stipulate that you’re not allowed to withdraw without depositing.
- More Access– When you’re playing with no deposit funds, you’ll likely find that certain rooms and games aren’t available. With cash in your balance, you’ll get to play a lot more games and explore more of the site.
- Better Promotions– While there can be some promotions that are open to funded and non-funded members, these are usually few and far between. They can also be a bit boring, with smaller prizes, but depositing can grant you access to all of the promotions.
- More Bonuses!– After you’ve used your no deposit bonus up, it’s time to consider whether you want to stick around. When you choose to make a deposit with the site, they’ll generally reward you with some more bonuses.
Becoming a funded player is the next step after you finish with your no deposit bonus. Think of this bonus as a ‘try before you buy’ deal, where you won’t get access to absolutely everything but will get a taste of the site.
The Decline of the No Deposit Bonus
In recent times, no deposit bonus funds have been a bit trickier to find, thanks to the bonus tax and other legislation. You may have noticed that these have been disappearing from your favourite sites left, right and centre. Even giants like Cozy Games – who are well known for bumper no deposit bonuses – have opted to give away free bingo games instead.
This can be a bit disappointing for fans, but you can still find these if you look hard enough. Take the time to really scout out the bonuses you want, instead of playing at the first site you find. Some sites have taken the funds they would have given away in a no deposit offer and enhanced their welcome offer instead, so you’re not really missing out.
Our best advice concerning this type of bonus and getting your money’s worth is to look at the terms. This is the most important information you need, and it can prevent you from wasting your time further down the line.
Looking for more free action? Take a look at our free slots no deposit guide!
Not everyone wants to spend real money on bingo, which is where a no deposit bingo bonus comes into play. As the name suggests, sites offering no deposit bingo bonuses allow people to sign up for an account without having to make a deposit of their own money. Bonus funds will be handed out to let them get up and running playing online bingo games.
The short answer is yes: you can win real money with a no deposit bingo bonus. However, it does depend on the terms and conditions of the deal, so check the small print. For example, it might be the case that there is a maximum win limit for no deposit bonuses.
This depends on each bingo site's terms and requirements, but there might be a limit in place. Sometimes there are no restrictions on how much players can win with no deposit bonuses.
Included in the small print of the terms and conditions of no deposit bingo bonuses might be something called a wagering requirement. This refers to the number of times people must "play through" - or bet - their bonus money before it becomes unlocked and can be withdrawn as real cash. For example, if there is a £10 no deposit bingo bonus with a 30x wagering requirement, people would have to play through the £10 30 times before the bonus money would be unlocked.
Whether or not you are able to claim a no deposit bonus will depend on a variety of factors. Some bingo sites are run by the same operator and they only allow players to sign up for an account and claim bonuses on one of the sites in the same company.
Each site has their own terms and conditions for how long no deposit bingo bonuses last. As a good rule of thumb, though, most deals of this type have a time limit of seven days. What this means is no deposit bingo bonuses must be spent within a week, before they expire. Use them or lose them!
The value provided to players by no deposit bingo bonuses can vary by a surprising amount. Usually, the terms and conditions of the deal will dictate whether a no deposit bonus is worth it. For example, a very high wagering requirement coupled with a relatively low maximum win limit will probably put some people off from signing up for a bingo account.