We love playing the latest games, because that’s where you’ll find the best features and mechanics, as well as cutting-edge innovations. It’s also where you can collect the biggest progressive jackpots, as these monumental sums seem to get bigger with every passing year and every new influx of players. Our new slot games guide will tell you all about the best games and where to play them too.
Our Picks for Best New Slots
The following new slots are among some of the ones that we’re enjoying at the moment:
Latest Slot News
- Rick and Morty: Wubba Lubba Dub Hub!! It’s the second slot based on this brilliant and hugely popular TV show, and it was developed created by the masterminds at Blueprint gaming. The first game in the series was a Megaways title, whereas this one focuses more on its eye-catching design and some interesting features. It’s a must for fans of the show who are eagerly anticipating the next season.
- Lovefool: A Playtech slot that was designed for a Valentine’s Day launch, Lovefool is a love-themed title with 5 reels, 25 paylines, and a maximum payout of 50.000x. The symbols include images of two men and two women—lovestruck couples preparing for a big romantic night.
- Kingdoms Rise – Legion Uprising: The Kingdoms Rise series first graced our devices and desktop screens in 2019. It had a massive launch and as we moved into 2020, it grew even bigger and became one of the biggest slot series in the world. In 2021, the series will be expanded further, and Legion Uprising will be one of the most notable titles of the year. It has a huge betting range, several fun features, and like all Kingdoms Rise slots, it gives players a chance to collect points and spend them on bonuses.
- Legends of Cleopatra Megaways: Ancient Egypt has played host to countless online slot creations, including some of the biggest titles in the industry. Legends of Cleopatra hopes to cash-in on that popularity and to become the next Cleopatra or Book of Dead. It was created by the masterminds at Playson and explores many familiar and fun elements, with several features to look out for.
- Our Favourite Site of the Month
This month, our site of the month is WTG Bingo as it has been pulling out all of the stops to offer players a truly unique slot experience. This site is doing well in the slots market as it has been integrating lots of new slot titles from several providers and here are some examples of some new slot games to try out on WTG Bingo:
- Fluffy Fairground – The long-awaited third instalment in the Fluffy Favourites series. It’s the biggest and best game yet with a Prize Pick feature that could net you a 100X multiplier!
- Alice in Wonderslots – A humorous take on the classic story by Lewis Carroll and there are some excellent bonus features to enjoy. Look out for the Tea Party Game as it is tonnes of fun.
Features to Look For In A New Slot
So, what makes a new slot game fun? We find that the best parts of these are often the bonus features, as they can mix things up for us. Here are some of the top ones that we look out for:
No slot game would be complete without a good bonus round or two, new games are the most likely to have lots of these. The latest games usually find ways to add bonus elements into the regular play or innovate something totally different.
These bonus features can switch up your gaming time, all you need to do is unlock them. Some of these can be unlocked by collecting up certain symbols and others rely on you just being lucky.
Most new slots will contain both a wild symbol (more on this below) and a scatter symbol. The scatter symbol often unlocks the free spins bonus feature and this is one of the most common bonuses that slot players will encounter. The number of free spins that you can claim depends on the slot itself but usually, this is anything from 5 up to 50.
In terms of the best bonus rounds, different developers are known for providing different bonuses. Blueprint Gaming, for example, loves to incorporate levelling up bonus rounds in their games. Eyecon, on the other hand, enjoys offering prize pick features that can lead to big 100X line payouts.
Other developers such as NetEnt really like to mix up their bonus features but you are more likely to find a truly unique bonus feature from this developer compared to others. The Black Hole bonus on the new Cosmic Eclipse game immediately springs to mind.
Wild symbols don’t always just have to do the same boring things, they can be the perfect place for a bit of innovation too. They can be stuck to the reels, turn entire reels wild and even give you respins. That way, they serve more than one purpose within the game and make it even better.
A lot of new slot games are focusing on entire bonus features that use the wild symbol in multiple ways. Expanding wilds are a good example and these symbols can grow to cover bigger sections on the reel and offer the chance at some massive payouts. However, there are other ways in which the wild can behave as well.
Another example would be guaranteed wild wins. Some games such as the new Finn and the Swirly Spin slot will offer a wild symbol that occasionally guarantees a payout. In this game, this happens during the Starfall Wilds mini-feature and often leads to massive payouts for players who play this slot.
Some bonuses involving wild symbols are particularly exciting such as the Eruption feature on the fantastic Volcano Eruption slot. If you can land 3 of the Volcano wild symbols then this bonus will begin and the centre reel will turn entirely wild – a huge erupting volcano!
Way back in the early days of slot games, they would only have a single payline. Now it seems that the more we can have in action, the better it is. We’ve seen games with hundreds of different paylines and ways to win. These will generally cost you a bit more to play but if the paylines are flexible then you can change the game to your liking.
Multi-paylines can come under two categories – they can either be fixed or adjustable. What this means is that on some games you can customise your payline settings and adjust them to a comfortable level. The more paylines that are active, the bigger your bet will be and thus the bigger the potential payout.
Megaways is a great example of this. Initially developed by the ingenious innovators at Big Time Gaming, it was then licensed to other developers. In 2020, we saw a surge of Megaways titles and as we advance into 2021, we’ll likely see more added to the list.
Many classic titles have been given a Megaways update and we’ve also seen new games themed around it. Simply put, a Megaways slot randomises the paylines with every spin, giving you anywhere from a few hundred to over 100.000. It doesn’t guarantee a win, no matter how many paylines you have, but a big win with 100.000 paylines is certainly more noteworthy than a win with 25 lines!
Let’s be honest, as good as wild symbols and Free Spin features are, it’s always good to find slots that do something new, something that no other game has done before. In 2021, we will likely see many of these innovations as developers use their increased resources to trial new features and take bigger risks.
A couple of years ago, we saw Betsoft take a massive punt with Max Quest: Wrath of Ra, a game that didn’t even have paylines and instead used a shoot-em-up format. In 2021, you should expect to see more games like this and if you want a new experience, we recommend giving them a go!
This is also another brilliant thing to look out for, as when you play on new slots, you might just get a handy bonus for doing so. Theoretically, a site wants you to go play there on their new games so they may just give you a promotion to encourage you to do just that and this can take the form of bonus cash, free spins or other incentives.
The biggest new slots often get the biggest promotions to go along with them. This could be a giveaway or slot tourney which would give you a prize for playing the game. New games can also be incorporated into a welcome offer too, a site may add some no deposit bonus cash to help you get started.
A key thing to consider would be the T&Cs at this stage. A special slots promo may look great on the outside but there will likely be T&Cs involved. However, we are beginning to see a lot of sites offer free spins with no wagering rules associated with them meaning that you can keep whatever you win so keep an eye out for these excellent offers.
Finally, we come to the jackpots that can be advertised for these games. New progressive jackpot games can be great to steal a large amount from, as more players mean a larger jackpot available to be won. This can add a lot of money to the seed money that the jackpot usually starts with and it’s all available to be won by just one person.
Different Software Providers for New Slots
There are a few different developers creating these slot games, each with their own individual style. Here’s a rundown of the most popular ones:
In terms of innovations and bonuses, NetEnt is really leading the pack. They stay current by focusing in on interesting themes and putting their own twist on them. Bonus features are common in a lot of slots but new NetEnt slots will generally have up to 8 different features to trigger. The company is a market leader for a reason and here are some examples of their latest games:
- Cosmic Eclipse is one of NetEnt’s latest games and it reminds us of the classic arcade slot Starburst. It has science fiction theme and you can spin it from 10p.
- Planet of the Apes combines elements from the last two movies in the franchise to create a 2-games-in-1 structure with some fantastic bonuses and exceptional graphics.
Playtech seems to love creating branded slots, especially those from 90s franchises. In their portfolio, they’ve got Robocop, King Kong and even Ghostbusters. Since reboots of old films are so popular at the moment, they’re really killing it with these nostalgic classics.
Their games tend to follow a similar formula while replacing different branded symbols and features. Not the most innovative but still fun to play on and the following titles are currently proving popular with players:
- Kingdoms Rise, as discussed above, is one of Playtech’s biggest creations and it’s due to get even bigger as we move into 2021. There will be more titles, more innovations, and a lot of exciting features to discover!
- Robocop is an adventure slot based on the classic 1987 movie of the same name. There are random features including wilds, multipliers and free spins and of course, an appearance from the famous robotic cop himself.
These are really the veterans of the gaming world, one of the first ever online games was by Microgaming. They’ve not been resting on their laurels though, as they’ve continued to create new and exciting games for new slots sites. Their back catalogue includes games like Tarzan and Hot as Hades, which are both big player favourites.
While they dabble in innovation, their big jackpot games are the ones that players love. They’ve been expanding their Mega Moolah millionaire making series with bigger and better jackpots. However, there are also plenty of other new slots to try that we feel are worth a mention:
- The Halloween slot has been out for a while now but it has certainly proved a massive hit with players. It is based on the 1978 horror film featuring Michael Myers.
- The Jurassic World slot was also released in 2020 and will likely be one of the biggest titles in 2021 as this was the year that we were supposed to see the next Jurassic World film. As it happens, the film has been pushed back to 2022, but that will just leave fans desperate for some dinosaur action! This slot is the sequel to the hugely successful Jurassic Park slot also by Microgaming. There are wild scatters, free spins and an Indominus Rex feature too.
Jumpman is a really up and coming brand, with more and more sites opting to use their software. They really specialize in bingo, but they have some proprietary games within their catalogues too. These are fun to play and pretty easy going, you don’t need to spend a lot of time getting to know about their gameplay mechanics.
|Software Provider||Operating since||New Games This Year||Known For|
|NetEnt||1996||Yes, many||Bonus filled games|
|Playtech||1999||A few||Sturdy platform|
|Microgaming||1994||Yes||Story based games|
|Jumpman Gaming||2011||No||New and innovative|
The Increasing Popularity of Slots
Slots have changed a lot over the years and they’ve never been more popular. In 2020, they had one of their best years yet, with the lockdown driving more players to online casinos and bingo sites. They were hungry for something to pass the time, and so they flocked to these games in their droves. As a result, we saw more developers catering for them and releasing new titles, and that has set 2021 up to be one of the biggest and best years yet!
The following innovations have also helped:
- Most people have a device that they can test out slots on, whether this is a desktop PC, mobile phone or tablet.
- There are a lot of bonus funds and offers available for players to claim, without having to add a lot of their own funds. This can serve as an introduction to a site and then they may stick around in the long run.
- Advertisements on telly are also contributing to an increased awareness and knowledge of these games.
- There’s really a game to suit every player these days, whether you’re seeking big jackpots or branded games.
- Bingo players are also becoming more interested in slots, thanks to games like Fluffy Favourites and Sugar Train opening up that door.
- Indie development studios with just a few designers are creating really innovative games.
- Companies such as NetEnt and Microgaming continue to innovate to provide games and bonus rounds with truly unique features.
So, where did this trend lead?
- We see more and more dedicated slot sites.
- Tech trends, like 3D and Virtual Reality continue to be integrated to help developers to stand out.
- More developers are placing an emphasis on the mobile market, as this is where most players are choosing to spin those reels.
- It’s all about standing out, innovative developers are the most successful
- We see many more games being released to coincide with new TV shows or blockbuster movies.
New Slot Game Promos
To go along with all of these snazzy new games, it’s not surprising that sites are going out of their way to add new slot bonuses too. Below are some of the top ones that we’ve seen recently:
If you like beating other players to the punch then you’ll like this promo on Jumpman sites, like Top Dog Slots and Lucky Admiral. This weekly slots competition challenges users to work towards their share of the prize money. We like this promo because you can play on the slot of your choice to take part.
Yet again, the Mega Reel is another development from Jumpman Gaming and the company has overhauled its traditional welcome offer and you will now be able to win up to 500 free spins when you join a new Jumpman site and deposit £10. The new offer seems to be pretty popular among the player base so far.
Another Jumpman promo, trophies are your way to prove that you’re the most prolific player out there. They work like achievements or badges, complete the various challenges to unlock the trophy. The more you unlock, the higher your level will be and the more rewards and new slots bonus funds you’ll get. These can be unlocked by using different payment methods, playing at selected times of the day and also on certain games.
If you’re a fan of slot tourneys then you can find loads of them at the likes of Big Tease Bingo. Take part and spin the reels to be considered for prizes. You can usually win cash prizes or bonuses in these promos.
New Sites with Slots
If you’re looking to play on hot new sites with slots, below you’ll find some of our top recommendations:
Welcome Bonus over 1st 2 deposits up to £300 + up to 400 Free spins
WTG have a great mixture of games on offer, with hundreds of slots from the likes of NetEnt, Eyecon and others.
Dr. Slot Casino
This dazzling new site hands out up to 20 free spins - no deposit needed! Then, your first 5 deposits can land you up to £1000 + 120 free spins!
Set sail with Lucky Admiral and grab some smashing bonuses: a welcome package worth up to 500 free spins for Starburst or Fluffy Favourites!
Big Tease Bingo
You can start playing on new slots, as they have a sweet 500% welcome bonus offer ongoing. Their games are provided through the Dragonfish platform, which gives you the functionality to play both bingo and slots at one time!
Top Dog Slots
Welcome package of up to 500 Free Spins for Fluffy Favourites or Starburst!
How did 2020 Affect Slots?
We made some big predictions for 2020. We said, for instance, that online slots would move more towards innovation and that developers would dip their toes into technologies like virtual reality and even augmented reality.
So, how did we fair?
Well, as with many predictions made before 2020, we were right with a few things, but we could never have predicted what actually transpired! Any predictions that we did make simply wouldn’t have compared to what actually happened.
In fact, if we had predicted the events of 2020 back in 2019, you would have called us insane!
Needless to say, these events changed the gambling industry completely. In fact, they changed the world, and it may be a few years before things get back to normal, if they ever do.
So, while we did predict some things that actually occurred, including the steady rise of the online gambling industry, the move to more interactive gaming experiences, and the focus on mobile play, none of those predictions compare to the big one—and we definitely didn’t see that coming.
It’s worth noting, however, that while the events of 2020 were catastrophic for the world, leading to a decline in the travel and hospitality industry, it actually helped online gambling. As we move into 2021, this sector has more money and resources behind it, which will surely lead to better innovations.
What We’re Looking Forward to in 2021
To begin with, the increased revenue and player interest wasn’t all that great for development studios. On the one hand, they saw their revenues rise and the demand for their services increase, but on the other, the lockdown meant that developers couldn’t meet, work was cut short, and they had to spend more time on meeting the demands of these new players.
That gradually changed, however, and when they put their heads together, they began working on new innovations. As a result, we should see some big changes in 2021, with all of the following coming to your favourite online casinos:
- Skill-Based Bonus Rounds– We have been promised these rounds for years now, but as things have been going so well without them, there has been no push toward skill-based features. 2020 introduced new players and new demands into the industry, however, and that could prove to be the catalyst that developers needed to start focusing on these features.
- Cutting Edge Graphics– In 2020, slot machine graphics improved considerably and 2021 will be even better. Thanks to 5G technology, advanced smartphone chips, and skilled developers, everything is in place for some ground-breaking releases.
- Themed Slots – As the industry grows, so does its ability to secure well-known licenses. Most major films, TV shows, bands, and even celebrities have their own slots and in 2021, more will be added to the list.
All in all, new slot games can be brilliant for a variety of reasons, from trying out a new feature to making things more exciting on the site. It’s a great idea to keep ahead of the latest releases to make sure that you don’t miss out on a promotion or new game that might prove rewarding for you.