Here at Bingo Sweets, we want to offer our readers all the latest info on the online bingo market. However, we like to play casino games as well. We have seen developers shine during 2019, so let’s take a fresh look at what has been going on.
Our Fave Casinos for 2020
Lucky Admiral has you spinning the Mega Reel on your 1st deposit for a chance to win up to 500 FREE spins on Starburst or Fluffy Favourites!
Welcome Bonus over 1st 2 deposits up to £300 + up to 400 Free spins
Top Dog Slots
We all want to feel like a top dog and now you can on this site with up to 500 free spins on offer for new players.
A unique online casino site offering up to £200 in bonuses and 50 extra bonus spins for new depositing players.
What makes the best new casinos stand out?
There are some considerations for picking a new casino site, with some things to look out for that are more important than others. Players prioritise their security by looking for various things:
- Site licensing
- Security features offered
- 128-bit SSL encryption
Other basic features to consider would be:
- Fast payout and withdrawal times
- Excellent customer service and support options
- Multiple currencies – ideal for our European readers, since not everyone will be able to stick to one currency
Once you have considered these important basic features, you can beign to look at what is offered by the site in terms of games, promotions, and device compatibility. We’ve divided the rest of our guide into categories to help you get the most out of it.
Bonuses and promotions
Logically, most players will look at the basics of a new site and then begin to look at some of the welcome offers and promotions there. For a lot of new casinos, you can expect to find the following.
No deposit bonuses
A new casino with a no deposit bonus can be split into two categories:
- A free play offer – this is quite often distributed as bonus cash that can be claimed when you sign up for an account. You may or may not be required to verify a payment method, and you can generally claim £5-£15 in free bonuses at a lot of new casinos.
- A free spins offer – the offer of some free spins is a common welcome bonus at a lot of new casinos
Standard welcome bonuses
New casinos still like to offer a standard welcome bonus, usually requiring a first deposit of £5-£10. For this outlay, you will generally be able to claim some sort of bonus cash as a percentage of the funds you have deposited. 200%-300% is offered by lots of modern sites. You can also be offered further matched bonuses for your 2nd, 3rd, and even 4th deposits on some sites.
These will not be available at first as they are designed to encourage loyalty to a new casino. Players generally need to build up their ranking on the site or by collecting loyalty points to spend in the in-site store.
You will be able to save up points and then spend them on various rewards such as:
- Bonus cash
- Free spins
- Other goodies
Some VIP schemes can take time or lots of money to build up your VIP level, so read the T&Cs carefully. You should be sure you know exactly what you need to do to rise through the ranks.
Refer a friend
This is a modern feature you will find at a lot of new casinos. The feature is designed to encourage existing players to recruit their friends. Doing so can result in some nice bonuses for both the new and existing player.
Many sites offer bonus cash, free spins, or even shopping vouchers for various outlets. Make sure you read the T&Cs carefully before you recruit your friend to the site. Refer a friend bonuses are useful and can offer a simple and easy way to claim some free goodies if you have a friend who is willing to sign up.
These are offered on many different review sites including Bingo Sweets. That’s right, you can claim exclusive bonuses on our site and others. All you need to do is click on one of our links and this will take you straight through to the site and the subsequent exclusive bonus.
These are self-explanatory but they are perhaps a little less common compared to some of the other bonuses we have discussed. You may be offered the chance to claim some bonus cash or free spins, but these bonuses will only be offered for certain games. This offer is usually available when a site wants to promote its latest bingo or slot game.
Finally, we have the various banking-related bonuses that exist online. These can be offered as a means of encouraging new and existing players to try a new payment method on a new casino site.
Often, the payment provider will subsidise the casino as a means of encouraging new customers to use their service. Look out for these if you’re open to switching methods.
2019 has been another big year for mobile-compatible gaming. It has overtaken traditional desktop-based gaming, and this includes the online casino market too. Now more than ever, there are new types of online casinos that focus on mobile players.
You can usually find sites that cater to both iOS and Android devices. The bigger sites may even offer a mobile app you can download from the App Store or Google Play. Some other tips:
- Check your selected site is optimised for mobile use before creating an account
- See if there is an app available
- You could save the home page to your home screen for easy access in future
Game developers and software providers to look out for
New online casinos 2019 offered games from some of the very best developers in the industry. There are too many to list but here are some developers we feel have had a very strong year:
- Eyecon – this outfit has issued some strong releases in 2019. Champions of Valhalla enjoyed an original release along with a jackpot version. They also came out with Lucha Rumble, Vlad’s Castle, and Fluffy in Space – the next popular title in the Fluffy series.
- NetEnt – 2019 has proven to be another big year for this developer, with more big releases on the way. So far, we’ve had Butterfly Staxx 2, King of 3 Kingdoms, Grand Spinn, and Imperial Riches to get our teeth into.
- Microgaming – Summer 2019 has been a hectic time for Microgaming. 2019 has seen them release titles such as Karamba Clan, Our Days, Relic Seekers, and the horse racing-themed Final Furlong.
A good range of developers is great, but what should you look out for when picking specific games? An effective new casino should offer a good variety of games to enjoy, with 100+ titles in an ideal scenario.
Look out for new casinos offering the following:
- Classic table games such as blackjack, roulette, poker, and craps
- Games with a high RTP and the chance to win thousands of pounds
- Additional non-casino games such as online scratch cards and bingo
There is every chance you will need to make regular deposits even if you are choosing to play on a no deposit bonus site. That means a good selection of payment methods is crucial for players intending to deposit and withdraw. Debit cards can be used, but there are other options out there as well.
Look for sites offer e-wallets such as PayPal and Neteller. Phone payments and bank transfers are good too. Most of these methods are mobile-friendly, so if you want to use PayPal at a mobile casino, this is certainly viable.
A lot of new casinos are even offering modern cryptocurrencies such as Bitcoin and Ethereum, so these may appeal to cryptocurrency fans. We wouldn’t recommend diving in and using these sites until you have a basic knowledge of how they work.
What we’re loving in 2019
2019 has been an exciting year for the online casino industry. Here are some things we saw from new sites over the past few months.
More live casino options
The concept of the live casino has taken off big time over the last couple of years. These games are becoming hugely popular for both standard and high roller players. Being able to play games such as blackjack and roulette in a live studio setting from home is pretty cool, and more such games have been released throughout 2019.
We have seen more eSports options released in 2019. These are a form of competition facilitated by video games. In most cases, eSports are multiplayer video games you can gamble on.
You can use sports betting sites or casinos to bet on the latest competitive matches and try to win money betting on games such as League of Legends and Dota 2. We expect this area to grow further too.
Online gambling isn’t restricted to online casino games or bingo; 2019 was a big year for sports betting too. Plenty more options were released under this category this year, with lots of new sports added to lots of sites across the web. Betting on sports has never been easier – you can bet on anything online now.
What we want more of in 2020
It certainly has been an eventful year for the online casino market so far. There are more new sites available than ever before. Below, find out what we predict new online casinos in 2019 and beyond might offer us.
- VR/AR – virtual reality and augmented reality have become more popular and accessible so far this year. We hope this is set to continue and reach an even wider audience.
- Live gaming – live casino games are already in many online casinos, but we predict this will become more popular still very soon
- Cryptocurrencies – Bitcoin is in place in many casinos already, but other virtual currencies are joining it. We also have Bitcoin casinos to try that do not accept any other currencies.
- Skill-based games – many of the available games in online casinos right now are luck based. We hope to see more skill-based games coming soon.
- Gamification – we expect this to be a lot more popular in coming months as more casinos try out this strategy of engaging players
- Branding – online casinos that use popular content and branding from TV shows or movies tend to do well. We expect more of these partnerships coming soon.
We haven’t mentioned blockchain gaming yet, but we should do here. This is another area ripe for development in 2019 and beyond. Fairness and transparency are both important issues when playing at casinos, and blockchain technology could help support both these issues.
Players can amass assets within games. The decentralised nature of the games allows for digital goods to be part of the action. This method of play also means everyone can see how the code works, which encourages greater transparency and honesty among everyone.
UK regulatory changes are currently aiming to make fairness and transparency easier and more powerful than ever. Perhaps blockchain gaming is perfectly positioned to make an impact in this area. We shall be watching…
New online casinos 2019: Where are you going from here?
If you are looking for a modern new site to play on, consider some of the points we have raised in this post. You could be playing your favourite casino games in no time at all.