We all like to win. In order to maximise your chances of winning, it’s always best to do your research before choosing where to play. By being selective in the sites you play on, you can stick to the best payout bingo sites.
Enjoy an EXCLUSIVE bonus @ Wink - £50 free on your 1st deposit!Visit website for full T&C's.
Lucky Cow Bingo
With Lucky Cow, you can win up to 500 free spins with every deposit!Visit website for full T&C's.
Unlock a SPECIAL offer @ Bingo Diamond - £30 free + 100 free spins on your 1st deposit!Visit website for full T&C's.
mFortune has NO wagering requirements! Start out with £5 FREE!Visit website for full T&C's.
What is RTP?
RTP is a statistic used in the online betting world to determine profitability. It stands for Return to Player. It is a figure which is usually displayed as a percentage. Basically, the RTP lets you know how much a game or site pays out for every £100 wagered. Here are some examples:
- Fluffy Favourites, a game available on most sites like Lucky Cow Bingo and Wink Bingo, carries an RTP of 95%. So if you played 100 games with a £1 wager, you would have an average of £95 back.
- Say you played on the Immortal Romance slot at Bingo Diamond, you would be playing with an RTP of 96.8% so on average you would get back £96.80 from 100 wagers of £1.
Therefore, the higher the RTP, the more profitable the slot is likely to be. This is an average though, so your actual return may be higher or lower.
Another term you are likely to hear is ‘House Advantage’. The house advantage is the opposite of RTP. For example:
- If a slot game is said to have a house advantage of 15%, then its RTP will be 85%. The house advantage is the amount of money in every £100 that the house typically keeps.
- A casino game may have a house of just 2%, this would mean you would theoretically lose £2 in every £100 to their dealer.
As figures can tend to be very volatile in the short term, both of these figures are always calculated in the long term. Looking for bingo sites with highest RTP rate is a good indication of what you could realistically expect to get back.
What to look out for?
In addition to the figures above, there are other aspects that you should always aim to look out for.
- When trying to choose the best bingo sites for payouts, always check terms and conditions. This does not simply mean the terms and conditions of the site but also for every promotion you take part in. Playing a slot on a site with a high RTP may sound great but when we see extremely high wagering requirements; the site may not seem like such a good bet.
- Wagering requirements should be a prime concern for all online bingo players. Although looking for the best online payouts can sometimes become a top priority, be sure always check the terms and conditions.
- Some sites have a cap on the amount you can claim as part of a promotion. This could render the game unsuitable for all you high rollers out there. This can even be different on different games, so if there’s a high RTP check out everything about the game and the terms before you play.
If you’re not sure how all of these aspects come together, check out our handy example table below, you can switch out the numbers to help you out with a specific site:
|RTP||Bonus Offer||Wagering Requirements||If you won £10, how much would you need to wager before withdrawing?|
|97%||A free £10||X4||£400|
|80%||300% on a £10 deposit||X10||£3000|
|85%||100% on a £5 deposit||X1||£10|
As you can see, the RTP, bonus offer and the wagering requirements all make a sizeable difference to what you can get back from a site. Thinking about these aspects might seem a bit boring but it means you won’t be in for a nasty surprise when you win big and want to withdraw.
It’s no secret that we all have a competitive streak in us- especially when it comes to bingo. When playing for real money, we all want to make sure we have as great a chance of landing a payout as possible. By checking vital stats such as RTP, we can become savvier. Just be sure check all relevant T’s and C’s first.